- Purchase and register the software: In other words Get MikesBikes.
- Getting a base level of competence: This part of task provides you with some experience and understanding of the bike industry by running SoloMike.
- Download MikesBikes Advanced, Single-Player Version. This gets you the SoloMike application. If you are working in the computer labs (in the Owen G. Glenn Building), you will find that MikesBikes has already been installed; however, you are still required to purchase access.
- Spend at least four hours getting to know SoloMike. Get comfortable with the simulation. Ultimately, with practice, you should be able to achieve a share holder value, or SHV, of $25 (or more) in five or fewer rollovers (a rollover represents one year in the simulation). You will have probably run the simulation four to six times, doing a total of about 30 rollovers\footnote. You can find hints on using MikesBikes on the SmartSims web-site.
- Record and attach the following results in Part 2 of the CV form (which is attached to the bottom of this page):
- Start a new game (Game , Restore).
- Change the company name to your ID number (Decisions --> Rename).
- Play for five rollovers.
- Print out a copy of the Financial Report for all Firms (Reports --> Financial reports --> Financial reports for all firms) and attach it to the CV form
- Complete the remaining questions on the CV form.
- Hand in the completed CV via Cancas Canvas (an assessment has been set up for that purpose) by the due date.
- Complete your MikesBikes CV: This part of the assignment is designed to elicit background information that is used in forming Executive teams. You may complete parts of the CV before using the simulation software, or you may want to use with the simulation before deciding your role of choice. Think carefully about the role you pursue in the simulation. You should read the Job descriptions before making your decision.
Fill in the form, save it, and submit it via Canvas with your Financial Report