The aim of this objective is develop novel model driven engineering based software development techniques that improve the efficiency and quality of software production. These include the following specific activities:
- Develop enabling technologies for supporting model driven engineering approaches to software development;
- Develop improved techniques and tool support for using executable specifications and model-based testing to better capture, manage and test software against its requirements;
- Better integrate social networking tools and techniques into the software development process to improve the efficiency of collaborative and community development of software;
- Better support "early phase" decision making by providing tools and techniques to assess non functional requirement adherence at early stages in the software development process.
A set of model driven software process improvement tools and tool extensions deployed by a minimum of 3 New Zealand ICT companies.
- Industry survey of readiness to adopt model driven approaches
- Meta tool enhancements and their application
- Combining model driven testing and executable specifications
- Legacy system information extraction
- Generation of specifications from user interfaces
- Generation of help from examples
- Commercialisation of toolsets
Objective leader: John Hosking, UoA
- John Grundy, UoA
- Mark Utting, Waikato
- Rick Mugridge, Rimu Research
- Research assistant, UoA
- 1 PhD, 2 project students - UoA
- 1 PhD, Waikato
Create a blog post to share news and announcements with your team and company.
- Commences: 01/10/2007
- Finishes: 30/06/2011