Healthbots Media Centre
Robot therapy helps lonely elders - 27 April 2014, TV3 News
28 Apr, 2014
A health robot to help the elderly, TV3 March 6 2014
23 Apr, 2014
Robots with human faces preferred - 29 August 2013, The New Zealand Herald
02 Sep, 2013
Humans tend to trust robots that look human - 28 August 2013, NBC News
02 Sep, 2013
Healthbots used in elderly care - published in March 2013
30 Aug, 2013
Please find below our latest honourable mentions in the media.
Links to Healthbots in the Media
New Zealand Robot Successfully Carries Out Health Care Tasks - 01 October 2010
Charlie the robot could be a valuable export - 15 September 2010
Press Release -13 September 2010
Robot liked but can it earn its keep? - 13 September 2010
Healthbots on TV7 "Ever Wondered" Show - 4 September 2010
Bridging The Gap - 19 August 2010
Broadband Development in Korea - 12 August 2010
Healthbots on 411 - Maori TV 06.08.2010
Meet NZ's HealthBot and robo-copter- PC World Magazine, 04.05.2010
A caregiver called Charlie the robot- The Nelson Mail 30.01.2010
Robots and Respite- e.nz magazine, Jan/Feb edtion 2010
'Robots just like having a doctor in the house'- The Dominion Post, 19.08.2008
'Robot to work in rest home'- The Dominion Post, 23.11.2009
'Charlie the robot joins rest home staff'- Cnet news, 23.11.2009
'Robot a new age helping hand for elderly'- NZ Herald, 24.11.2009
'Charlie- the latest joke on the comedy circle'- TV3,
Dr. Bruce MacDonald talks with TBS eFM's in Korea about Healthbots, 10.12.2009
New research on how robots can assist in healthcare is published regularly. If you are interested in how robots can assist in healthcare then check out these articles being produced by The University of Auckland alongside other universities around the world.
- Banks MR, Willoughby LM, Banks WA. Animal-assisted therapy and loneliness in nursing homes: use of robotic versus living dogs. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association 2008;9(3):173-7.
- Xingyan Li, Bruce MacDonald, and Catherine I. Watson. Expressive facial speech synthesis on a robotic platform. In IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS, St Louis, USA, October 11-15 2009
- "Expressive speech for a virtual talking head", Xingyan Li, Catherine I. Watson, Aleksandar Igic, Bruce MacDonald. The 2009 Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- I.H. Kuo, J. M. Rabindran, E.Broadbent, Y.I. Lee, N.Kerse, R.M.Q. Stafford, B. MacDonald, "Age and Gender Factors in User Acceptance of Healthcare Robots," in 18th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (ROMAN 2009), 2009.
- 2009 IGIC, A, WATSON, C.I, TEUTENBERG, J., BROADBENT, E., TAMAGAWA, R. AND MACDONALD, B. (2009) "Towards a flexible platform for voice accent and expression selection on a Healthcare Robot. The 7th Australasian Language Technology Association Workshop, Sydney, 3th-4th
- 2009 LI, X, MACDONALD B, AND WATSON C.I. "Expressive Facial Speech Synthesis on a Robotic Platform", 2009 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems: IROS 2009, St Loius, October 11 to 15.
- 2009 LI,X, WATSON C.I., IGIC, A, AND MACDONALD, B. "Expressive Speech for a Virtual Talking Head", 2009 Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, Sydney, Dec 2nd-4th.
- Tiwari, P., Warren, J., Day, K., & MacDonald, B. (2009). Some non-technology implications for wider application of robots to assist older people. Paper presented at the HINZ 2009.
- Garcia, E., Jimenez, M. A., de Santos, P. G., & Armada, M. (2007). The evolution of robotics research. From industrial to field and service robotics. IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, March, 90 - 103.