Creative Arts and Industries Storage (files.creative.auckland.ac.nz)
- Log on the WINDOWS computer.
- Double click on the
files.creative icon on the desktop.
- If the icon is not on the desktop then follow the steps below
- Go to My Computer
- Type or copy the following in the address bar: \\files.creative.auckland.ac.nz
- If authentication is required, in the credential window enter in your information (uoa\username and Password)
- You should now see your username folder.
- This is your student storage where you should be saving all your work.
Mac OS -
1) Log on to the Mac OS
2) In Finder, Click on GO at the top menu
3) Choose CONNECT TO SERVER
4) In the Server Address - type or copy this address smb://files.creative.auckland.ac.nz
5) If authentication is required, in the credential window enter in your information (uoa\username and Password)
7) Click on CONNECT
8) Your student storage will display on the desktop screen.
Free unlimited Google Drive
All enrolled students are provided with a free unlimited Google Drive, which is retained perpetually, ie, even when no longer a student at the University.
The username for a student Google Drive is (username)@aucklanduni.ac.nz.
Accessing your Google Drive from University computer labs through Kumo (Windows computers only)
Libraries, information commons and most faculty computer labs will provide easy access to cloud storage as a network drive in Windows Explorer from shared University computers, from 24 February 2016. After an initial setup at first log in on a University computer, you will have access to your Google Drives. These Kumo instructions will guide you through the initial setup process.
UnFiles/Library H: drive storage (file.auckland.ac.nz)
The University provides file storage which is accessible on all University computers. Off-campus access is also available.
The use of file storage is subject to the terms and conditions as described in relevant IT Policies.
- To access file storage on a computer on campus:
- Double-click on the “Student Storage” desktop icon (Libraries) or the ”IC Home Drive” desktop icon (Information Commons).
- For access to file storage in Creative Arts and Industries, -Go to Computer
- You can access file storage from off campus at https://homeweb.auckland.ac.nz.
- Files that have not been accessed (read or written to) for more than 36 months will be archived.
- Archived files will be greyed-out (off-line), double clicking the files will initiate the retrieval process.
- Unix and Mac users will not see greyed-out files, as these systems do not recognise off-line status. However, clicking on these files will also start the retrieval process.
- Archived files will take about one minute to open. Numerous concurrent requests to access archived files will result in longer retrieval times.
- Log on to the Mac OS
- In Finder, Click on GO at the top menu
- Choose CONNECT TO SERVER
- In the Server Address - type smb://files.auckland.ac.nz/MyHome & click on connect
- Log in using your uoa\username and Password
- Click on CONNECT
- Your personal MyHome folder will Mount on the desktop screen
- If you do not see your MyHome on your desktop, enable the Connect Servers in the Finder Preferences
- Once MyHome is displayed on the desktop, right click to create an alias shortcut (MyHome alias) on the desktop, or drag it to the right-hand side of your dock bar.