This space is provided for each staff members particular data. This space can not be shared with others.
This space contains folders for various administrative sections etc within the faculty. These spaces are normally shared with other staff.
This space is designed to allow staff to share files with students for various courses.
This space is provided for temporary storage and may be deleted at any time without notice.
This space is used for dropboxes that staff request. Students or other staff will then be able to 'drop' files in this space. This is often used for course work submissions.
Windows Drive Letter
On Campus or Off Campus with VPN connected
UniFiles-MyHome/Library H: drive storage (file.auckland.ac.nz)
The University provides file storage which is accessible on all University computers. Off-campus access is also available.
The use of file storage is subject to the terms and conditions as described in relevant IT Policies.
Overview of the University Home Drive/MyHome storage can be found here: University Home Drive
- To access file storage on a computer on campus:
- For Library: Double-click on the “Student Storage” desktop icon (Libraries) or the ”IC Home Drive” desktop icon (Information Commons).
- For access to file storage in Creative Arts and Industries or University computer where there is no shortcut icon
- Open Computer/Explorer
- Type or copy the following into the address bar: \\files.auckland.ac.nz\MyHome
- You can access file storage from off campus at https://homeweb.auckland.ac.nz.
- Files that have not been accessed (read or written to) for more than 36 months will be archived to tape.
- Archived files will be greyed-out (off-line), double-clicking the files will initiate the retrieval process.
- Unix and Mac users will not see greyed-out files, as these systems do not recognise off-line status. However, clicking on these files will also start the retrieval process.
- The retrieval process will be queued base system so depends on the size of the queue when a file is requested.
Launch Mount MyHome form the dock to open your staff share.
To manually mount MyHome, follow these steps.
- Log on to the Mac OS
- In Finder, Click on GO at the top menu
- Choose Connect To Server
- In the Server Address - type smb://files.auckland.ac.nz/MyHome & click on Connect
- Login using your uoa\username and Password if required
- Click on Connect
- Your personal MyHome folder will Mount on the desktop screen
- If you do not see your MyHome on your desktop, in the Finder Preferences, tick the Connected Servers box.
- Optional, Once MyHome is displayed on the desktop, right-click to create an alias shortcut (MyHome alias) on the desktop, or drag it to the right-hand side of your dock bar. Add any folder to the Favorites if required.
For Non-university owned Mac computer staff/student can download a copy of Mount MyHome app, extract, move app to preferred location and add to dock.
Staff Storage Options and Overviews
The following link will provide additional guides to other Storages options available to Staff: Staff Storage Options