- Cardboard is a combination of paperboards, usually two flat pieces of paper and one inner intestined corrugated medium.
- Cardboard is recyclable material.
- The thickness of cardboard varies, however the most common form is 4mm.
- Allows fine cutouts and intricate shapes.
- Cuts cleanly with the laser.
- Good for prototyping and pilot production.
- Difficult to engrave into.
Laser cutter settings for cardboard:
- Cardboard can be cut at a power setting of around 25 and a speed of (depending on the detail of what is being cut) around 20, with a PPI of 250.
The potential of the laser cutter and cardboard:
- Cardboard is not a traditional building material, however the introduction of innovative bonding, cutting and structural techniques has provided the opportunity to consider this lightweight and recyclable material in a more creative fashion.