24 JUly 2019
Further to our discussion at today’s Consultant Meeting regarding CME claims, this email is to outline the new process:
- Please attach a CME Preapproval form to all applications for CME leave (either combined with Annual Leave, on its own or CME taken on days you do not work or weekends).
- This means, you need to complete two forms – the SMO Leave Form and the SMO CME Preapproval form. Both these forms are available on Paanui: https://cmhealth.hanz.health.nz/myHR/Pages/Senior-Medical-Officers-(SMOs).aspx or hard copies in Christine, Paediatric Secretary’s office.
- These CME Preapproval Form requires you to complete your CME dollars and CME hours balance. You can get this information from Christine, Paediatric Secretary, or from Finance email@example.com
- From now on, we will be attaching the signed CME Preapproval form when we send you your approved leave form. For future CME leave already approved, Christine will be sending you a scanned copy of your CME Preapproval form for future CME claims.
- When you submit your CME claim, you need to attach the signed CME Preapproval form. This will allow the Finance team to centrally reconcile CME dollars spent against your balance.
- As discussed this morning, for overseas conferences you usually claim your travel before you claim the rest of your expenses which means you need to keep copies of the Preapproval form to be attached to each subsequent claim (we will keep the original Preapproval form on file as well as a backstop).
The ultimate goal is to make the whole claiming process electronic but, as we work towards that, we want to make the system as easy as possible.
Please provide all relevant receipts and invoices with your claim as this will speed up processing the claim for payment. We have been instructed by Finance to return any incomplete CME claims as Payroll simply will not process them without all the information.
Finally, for CME activities over weekends or days off that do not require leave, we still need a CME Preapproval form and a leave form with 0 hours and expenses only to be able to process your subsequent claim for reimbursement.