Child pages
  • AUT Student Branch
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Active Report

Meeting date

Comment

26/09/2013

Report

Meeting date

Comment

25/07/2013

A new committee including Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer has been formed at AUT University.
The Chairman of the AUT student branch is:
Yudhish Khatri
IEEE #: 92297237.

Meeting date

Comment

21/07/2010

Committee Meeting

Meeting date

Comment

14/10/2010

  • Nominations for AUT IEEE Student Branch committee positions are now open. There will be an election of chair, vice-chair, treasurer & secretary for next year after the nomination.
  • The second Leadership Workshop will be held on Wednesday the 27th of October 2010 from 5:30pm - 8:30pm at AUT.
  • We have had our Field Trip to Huntly Power Station on Friday the 17th of September. It was a successful event and 40 members have attended the Field Trip.

Events

Date

Event/Title

Location

Speaker(s)

Comment

Past Reports

Comments

Meeting date

Comment

12/8/2010

  • We will organise the second Leadership Workshop for people who missed out on the first one. It will be on Monday evening the 27th of September 2010 and it is yet to be confirmed.
  • Huntly Power Station Field Trip - will be on the second week of the Mid-Semester Break. The date and costs of the trip are yet to be confirmed.
  • CV/Cover Letter Workshop will be held sometimes in the Semester and the date is yet to be confirmed.
  • We will have a nomination of committee member positions (chair, vice-chair, treasurer, secretary) for next year.

Meeting date

Comment

27/5/2010

  • First of all, the AUT IEEE student branch had a membership induction meeting held on Friday the 7th of May.
    Quite a few people signed up on the day and paid their membership fees online.
      There are 31 paid active members so far at AUT (including 4 committee members). This figure is slightly better than last years 20. The committee members for AUT IEEE Student Branch 2010 have been finalised:
    Chair: Bo Li (90823380)
    Vice Chair: Guy Paine (90847998)
    Secretary: Ali Bearakat (90858733)
    Treasurer: Senthuran Palany (90848001) Upcoming events:
  • We have planned to schedule the following branch events during semester break:
    ·        Field Trip (to Huntly Power Station): We have to discuss this with one of our academic lecturers to arrange a time for that.
  • We would probably have more events like leadership workshop and interview practice workshop coming up but the date and time has not been finalised yet. If we have the budget approved, we will run another membership induction meeting next semester.
  • Right now, we are waiting to get affiliated with AUSM. We also have opened up a new cheque/credit card account for IEEE AUT Student Branch.
  • During inter-semester break, we will look into creating a banner and getting sponsorship for AUT IEEE Student Branch.

Comments

Meeting date

Comment

22/4/2010

I have done a couple of times of IEEE presentation around uni for the last couple of weeks promoting IEEE AUT Student Branch.
 
Quite a few people have sign up for IEEE at AUT. I am not sure how many students in total so far as I can't access the list of students name who have signed up.
 
We also have managed to recruit new committee member:
 
Vice Chair: Guy Paine
Treasurer: Senthuran Palany
 
We also need two more students to help out as secretary and executive member for the committee.
 
I have setup a website for AUT IEEE Student Membership www.autieee.webs.com. The site is not finished yet and I will add more stuff later on as the year goes along.
 
I also have setup a facebook group for AUT IEEE Student Branch: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106965852678398&ref=ts
 
As well as a committee email: autieee@gmail.com
 
That is pretty much I have done so far.
 
Coming up,
 
We will arrange for a membership drive on campus to promote students sign up for IEEE.

Comments

Meeting date

Comment

6/8/2009

Girk Chen: i cannot attend the meeting because I have work on Thursday. Our branch doesn't
have much to report on except our very successful trip to Huntly power station.
I apologize for my absence.

Meeting date

Comment

6/8/2009

Committee Meeting

Comments

Meeting date

Comment

28/5/2009

Nothing to report

2009 Annual Plan and Budget Request

Comments

Meeting date

Comment

1/4/2009

Committee Meeting

Comments

Meeting date

Comment

9/10/2008

From Kun Wang:

  • First of all, at here I would like to give big thanks again to all of people whom supported and helped us during the process of our branch's formation.
  • Secondly, AUT student branch had two committee meetings last month. In the first meeting, we planned to run a membership drive event at 8th October, such as a barbecue for all AUT electrical and electronic students. Our original aims were to let all students know the AUT branch is official, keep existing members active, and attract more new members. But after considered Peter's advices on the use of budget, and the timetable of AUT's students, we decided to move this event into next year's schedule, because all final exams will come two weeks later. And we think the best time for such event is the start of new academic year, we can spend our budget more efficiently. Instead to run the event at this time of the year, we are going to send emails and put some posters to let students know our branch is official.
  • In our last two committee meetings, we also discussed how to find new committee members for next year. According to the number of existing student members, we do not think it is possible and necessary to run an election for the four positions. So we decided that we still ask volunteers for the positions. Fortunately, our current secretary and treasurer, who are Chen and Peta, are voluntarily to be the new chair and vice-chair. I think this is good, as they have got experiences in our branch, and they all know students very well through second year to fourth year, especially Peta will be Master students next year. So we will be able to keep in touch with all of under and post graduate students. Their positions have been agreed by Hamid. For the rest of two positions, we want to leave them for a while, as we are expecting to find them in the new second year bachelor students. If we can achieve that, they can make our branch running more smoothly in the following years.

Events

Date

Event/Title

Location

Speaker(s)

Comment

-

-

-

-

-

  • No labels